As someone who perpetually looks bad in photos, I was excited to come across an excerpt from Simon Doonan‘s novel, Gay Men Don’t Get Fat that offered two major tips on how to pose perfectly for the camera.
I had long ago adopted the Olsen sister technique of saying ‘prune’ when my photo was being taken, but after three years of such a face, it was time to let it go. It’s difficult to look at hundreds of photos of yourself from parties and events and in every single one you have the same pouty, duckbill-like pucker. It’s actually embarrassing.
But now Doonan has spiced up my life with his tips on posing, and since I’m always being chased down by paparazzi, I feel it’s not only my job to work these moves into my daily life, but to share them, too. Because honestly, we’re all being stalked by the paparazzi everyday–in our heads anyway.
1. Say THURSDAY.
According to Doonan, photographer Irving Penn‘s advice to his models was to say ‘Thursday’ right before he took their photo. ‘Thursday,’ unlike the standard and boring ‘cheese,’ creates a pouty but “natural, subtle smile.” Try it now. Feel the difference?
2. Say CHIN ON THE LEDGE.
This tip comes from Kate Moss who’s been known to repeat the phrase during photo shoots. Says Doonan: “Kate’s mantra is accompanied by a light neck stretch and a proffering toward the camera of her magnificent bone structure. Kate’s tip will maximize what little neck you have and minimize your chins.” Basically your double and triple chins are about to look like one beautiful chin with this pose. I’d like to confirm this works, but they’ve taken the mirror away from my desk because I spend too much time looking in it.
I guess this means we’ll all look like Kate Moss in our photos from now on–you know, for the sake of the paparazzi.
- Video: Simon Doonan Is Even More Adorable As an Elf
- Rumor Mill Suggests Kate Moss Peed Herself In Stella McCartney Once
- Kate Moss Poses As David Bowie For French Vogue
Post from: TheGloss
Related Questions :
- What are the best women’s shoes for the office this fall? Question by Kate: What are the best women’s shoes...
- 30 Beauty Tips in 4 mins Hey guys, if the video isn’t playing. Move the...
- What style of engagement ring looks best on a woman with fat fingers? Question by Tracey: What style of engagement ring looks...
- Get Clear Skin – 15 Natural Beauty Tips READ ME Top 15 natural beauty tips for clear...
- Washing clothes and how jeans don’t fade? Question by Marshmellow_Gardener_and_such: Washing clothes and how jeans don’t fade?...
- If I dye my hair dark brown how long should I wait before going to the salon to have blonde highlights added?
- What is a good family dog that is small with long hair?
- Why do people with straight hair want wavy/curly hair and vice versa?
- how would pink highlights look on dark brown hair?
- Why do girls with straight hair use hair flat irons?
What We’re Talking About: